Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 5 March 2013

bone tooth and hair


 
 
Abstract of the Title Linda Dacey 2013
 
 
The above is a recent sewn up delight.
 
The paper scrap has been taken from a 1795 land deed which I found
many years back in a dusty, side alley, antique bookshop in Covent
Garden, London. This document is substantial with many pages of
beautiful handwritten script. In my mind it magics up an image of a
young clerk, hunched over his high oak desk in dim light, 
meticulously documenting the legalities of the deal. I love how the
word remains as testimony to the anonymous life of this now,
long forgotten, individual.
 
 
I also love these small child leather shoes for similar reasons.
 
 
 
 
Time passes
and all that remains are
whispered shadows of previous
lives and endeavours:
bone, tooth and hair.
 
x ...   ***
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i adore this, you are a woman after my own heart! I trained in fine art textiles in london in the 90's and am a professional UK based artist now, my work heavily embroidery based! lovely to find you and adore your images and words. now following along in google reader xxxx

 
Pin It button on image hover