Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 8 October 2010

Greetings...



I trained as a Graphic designer yet this cap never quite  fitted and so in a previous life I was a professional illustrator and taught 2 days a week at the London College of Printing in, big surprise, London! Around this time I had an agent representing my illustration portfolio and another agent selling my handmade cards. Illustration clients included IBM, Virgin, British Airways, Oxford University Press, Heinneman, Penguin and various magazines etc. My handmade cards used to sell throughout the UK , notably in Paperchase, Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Libertys. Now this may all sound grand but was I happy? not really. I honestly prefer my life now, diddling around with this and that and answerable to no one. However, I still get the urge to make handmade cards and today the images show 3 ranges available on Etsy. Hope you like and wonderful weekending...

12 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the comment on my blog, I found 'Tales of a Junkaholic.' It's a gorgeous blog as is yours! London is an amazing place to live but I totally love France too. Hopefully I can live there at some point, even just to eat the cakes haha.

I love your cards, they really are beautiful :)

Laura xx

Tiffany Kadani said...

Beautiful cards and such an interesting backstory. You are quite talented

Laura Bear said...

Wow that is awesome! And these are just lovely!! heading over to etsy now...

Punctuation Mark said...

it's all about being happy while you do the things you do!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful; imagine receiving a card like that :) Also how to mention how much I loved reading your statement... it's something I often say myself. One are nor really dead before one is totally forgotten... Thank you for sharing wise words. Lovely weekend!

Unknown said...

Wow! Impressive portfolio here! You are truly talented, clearly, and I'm happy that you are getting to do what you love! So happy you stopped by LBD so I could find you, happy to be your newest follower! XX!

Nina Lindgren said...

oh! what an interesting story. i am glad that you're satisfied and happy now : )
the cards are beautiful!

Unknown said...

am always a tad shy to reveal about myself, don't like to feel that i may be thought of as a big head. thanks everyone for your kindness and encouragement... Linda x

Anonymous said...

Impressive Linda!
Answerable to no one is my idea of bliss too.

A Crimson Kiss said...

How lovely! Don't be shy to tell us who you are-it's part of what makes you interesting! I'm delighted to "meet" your blog and poke around more this afternoon!

xx, Lena

Heidi said...

Oh Linda I can relax now until the next time, I bought some more fabulous items. I was sad to say some items slipped through my fingers but i must not be greedy, eh!
Can't wait!
those funky legs!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

You are extremely talented, and I absolutely love that you are living your dreams!

And the rhubarb tart you enjoyed this weekend made me drool just thinking about how great it must have tasted!

 
Pin It button on image hover